Thursday, March 10, 2005

The Art of Science

My kids' school had an art showing tonight. The theme was "Once Upon a Time". Braden's work of art was a pencil drawing, entitled "God's Universe," which included the sun and planets of our solar system. Braden, who is eight, is more of a scientist than an artist, and I must admit that I initially thought that he must not have spent much time really thinking about his piece. The young artist told me that "once upon a time God created the universe." As a true artist would do, he allowed his imagination to permeate every other part of him. He knows the world was created by God, once upon a time. Imagination is a lot like faith. We cannot see it, but we can see the results. I love Braden's fresh imagination, and I love his fresh faith.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Braden is one precious boy.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home