Monday, July 18, 2005

Adoption Update

Holly and I finally have our application ready to send to the agency that we selected - Chinese Children Adoption International. This has been such a tedious process. Every medical procedure and possible concern had to be documented and clarified by our physician. It is good to know that a hernia repair and gall bladder removal will in no way impair my ability to be a parent. Interestingly enough, neither does a vasectomy or hysterectomy.

We are excited, but now an entire new set of concerns come up. What if they say "no"? It had never occurred to me that this might be a possibility, but after completing such a detailed document, it raises the question. What if we aren't what they are looking for? Holly and I continue to feel convicted that this is the path that God is leading us down. Why has this become a concern to me? I don't know, really. I do know that I need to trust that God has a good and perfect will for us where our family is concerned. For every concern for that matter. He will provide the way for this to happen. We trust Him in that.

To those of you who read this from time to time, please keep us in your prayers as we continue on in this process. We have prayed for God's direction, and we feel that He has been faithful.

We continue to make this our prayer: "...for (we) did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but (we) received the spirit of adoption by whom we cry out 'Abba, Father.'" - Romans 8:15. I just need to remind myself of this a little more often.

For additional information on what led us to adoption, please read my entry titled, "Following God's Call."

7 Comments:

Blogger Bruce said...

I pray that everything works out. Not having gone through the adoption process, I can only imagine the paper work and red-tape. God is bigger than all of that and if He truly is leading you then it will be ok.

God bless you and your family.

Bruce

10:42 AM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

I just replied to your dream analyzation on my post, it was excellent!

I didn't know about the adoption process but will check back often and for sure be praying for you and Holly and GOD'S WILL (Please, Lord, let this happen!!!)

3:27 PM  
Blogger Brian Howard said...

Hi Travis, I am a friend of Dean's (Jamie Howard previously Summy), we have actually met several times before during our younger years. Dean pointed me to your blog b/c we are currently adopting from China as well. We have completed all the paperwork and are currently in the China waiting period. If every thing continues on the same path we should have our girl in November. We had some of the concerns you did going through the application period, I'm sure you will be accepted as long as you meet the China govt requirements which you would already know by now if you didn't and there are no criminal offences or medical concerns that would keep you from parenting a child. I have no doubt you will be accepted. Would love to share our experiences we live in Keller. Please email us brianandjamie@yahoo.com.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

Travis, thanks for adding your prayer need to my list, I promise to pray each day!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

FYI, I am praying for the adoption and the sale of your home :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger QueenBee said...

Wow. I prayed for you and Holly when I read your blog - this journey is filled with anxiety and worry. Talk about fear of rejection! We, too, are adopting but seem to be a little farther along than you guys. Just wait until everything is said and done and you're waiting for the phone to ring. It will be here before you know it!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Travis Crow said...

Thanks to all of you who have responded with support, and for offering up prayers on our behalf. It's great.

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home