Thursday, January 12, 2006

Happy Birthday, Cara-Lee!



Seven years ago, this life came into our world. She has been a blessing to us everyday since then. Cara-Lee is smart, funny, talented, creative, sensitive, thoughtful, spiritual, imaginative, ingenious, charming, generous, confident, I could really go on and on. Here are a few things that I have remembered about her from the past seven years.




On Braden's first day of kindergarten, it was Cara-Lee (then 3 years old) who went right in to Mrs. Cox's class, sat down, and began to work. She was very upset when we drug her away.

She can do the head shrug move similar to Michael Jackson's in Thriller.

She makes up her own songs, and they're good.

Once she came into the den and told me that she was bored. I showed her how to run laps in the backyard, thinking that she would blow it off. She ran laps for several minutes that day. For the next several months she would just go outside at random times and run laps. Hilarious.

Anytime she finds change she wants to save it for expenses for "our China baby."

She's an incredible artist, and loves to make birthday cards and other artwork as gifts.

She loves her space. We occasionally allow her and Braden to sleep in the same bed (weekends, holidays, etc.) Some times she just doesn't want to do that, which really bothers Braden, as this is a "special" thing.




She loves cats, and when we had to have hers put down, she was so brave. Holly and I were so proud of her.

She prefers to pull her own teeth. In fact, I don't know that Holly or I have ever pulled one of hers.

She wants to grow her hair out and cut it when there is enough to donate to Locks of Love. She saw this on a TV show where a lot of women were getting their hair cut at the same time. I explained what that was all about, and she decided it was for her.

She loves ABBA. Enough said.



Her first word was "momma" spoken on Holly's birthday.



Every once in a while she's daddy's girl. Here we are at Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Over Texas.

I love her, and I'm proud to be her daddy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bruce said...

That is so cool. Happy birthday Cara-Lee! And I love the boots.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

Tear jerker for me too! Cara-Lee is precious. She is so blessed to have godly wonderful parents. And she's adorable - I see she got mostly Holly's great looks with a dash of dad thrown in :)

This is so very moving to me. If all little girls had daddys that loved them like this, there would be a lot less emotionally scarred women out there.

I love her boots! Tell her I said Happy B-day!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Well done. Having three daughters myself, I can appreciate this. And ABBA? Well, she certainly has good taste in music.

I hope she had a wonderful birthday.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

You have a nice looking family there, Travis. Cara Lee is adorable.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home