Thursday, January 19, 2006

Boot Camp

I leave today for Winter Park, Colorado to take part in the Wild at Heart Boot Camp. I have wanted to go on the Boot Camp ever since I read Wild at Heart. This was my Christmas gift from Holly and the kids; although I had to register months ago. This is put on by Ransomed Heart Ministries, founded by John Eldredge. Most of you have heard of Eldredge, many have read his books. I am looking forward to this experience.

The following is taken from their website:

Life is a Story. This is true for every soul.

It is a love story, we assure you. But it is set in the midst of a life and death battle. That is why it seems so hard.

The story of your life is the story of the journey of your heart through a dangerous and beautiful world. It is the story of the long and sustained assault on your heart by the Enemy who knows who you could be and fears you. But it is also the story of the long and mysterious pursuit of your heart by the God who knows you truly and loves you deeply.

As we live through the pages of this story, many questions arise. Who am I…really? Where will I find life…really? And, What is it God wants from me? We know those questions well, for we have lived them ourselves. And we offer here something of the beautiful answers we have found. Take a moment. Browse around. It will do your heart good.


Part of the preparation has been to read (or re-read) Wild at Heart. I read this a few years ago and really loved it. Reading it again gives new meaning to me. It has really challenged me to answer the questions that are posed on the website, as well as others in the book. In addition, I was provided with a few daily prayers to read. They are really powerful, and I will hopefully post on those in the future.

I probably won't be able to post while I am gone. I will be home Monday afternoon.

Be good.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

I am so happy for you! What a perfect gift! Can't wait to hear the report when you get back! I love John E!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Bruce said...

What a sweet deal. And in Winter Park. Looking forward to your reflections.

B~

7:43 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Have a great time. Enjoy!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

so...how was it?

9:30 PM  
Blogger Danny Sims said...

I'm glad you had a great time.

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home