Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Did I REALLY Nail That to the Cross?

"Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to the cross and crucified them there. If we are living now by the Holy Spirit, let us follow the Holy Spirit's leading in every part of our lives." Galatians 5:24-25 (NLT)

Wow. I read this this morning and I began to question myself. "Did I really nail that to the cross? Or am I back at the cross trying to pull it back off for my own use?" God, I hope not. (That is a prayer, not a vain comment)

When my sin gets nailed to the cross, it is no longer mine. Sometimes I want it for myself again. Just for a few minutes, please? But it is no longer completely mine. I share it with One who knows everything about me and loves me anyway. Not my earthy wife, but my spiritual and eternal Husband. I am His bride and it is my desire to please Him - to present myself pure and holy to Him.

Do I still wrestle with sin? Yes. I argue, quarrel, lust, get jealous, get angry, desire the praise of this world, the list could go on. What is different is that I do not wrestle alone. There He is in the ring with me. No longer is He behind the ropes looking in yelling for me, cringing every time I get pinned down, waiting for the count and my defeat. He is in the ring with me, strengthening me for the rest of the fight.

Have YOU nailed your sin to the cross but find yourself looking back for it? Remember, it is no longer yours.

Be good.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

This is so good...can I link to it?
This has been the hardest thing for me to learn/accomplish/assimilate in my life as a Believer. I feel I have to work so hard against my sin...but no, it's NAILED to the cross. He is in the ring with me. When will this sink in? I hope now :)

7:38 PM  
Blogger Travis Crow said...

Thanks. Go ahead and link to it.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Yes, definitely. That's what makes us imperfect beings in search of His guidance. I think maybe he expected us to act this way.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

waiting for a pic of the new cat

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home