Thursday, September 21, 2006

Fun Times




Here is a photo of Braden and Cara-Lee that I took summer of '05 when were on vacation at Lake Texoma. This was a fun trip for our family. We really did not do that much - hung out at the pool mostly, cooked most of our meals in the condo, and watched movies late at night. It was probably the most relaxing vacation we have ever had.

A few days ago Cara-Lee asked if we could go back there sometime. Braden agreed with that request. I am amazed at what sticks with my kids about vacations and fun times. We really didn't "do" anything while at Texoma. I like to think that the simple things are what stays with them. Maybe it was just having time to hang out with each other that was so appealing. Maybe it was being in the pool all day for a week. Who knows. It sounds good now, though.

Be good.

4 Comments:

Blogger Danny Sims said...

Our kids love the week we spent on the beach in Gulf Shores AT CHRISTMAS TIME no less! It was 2003 and it always comes up when we talk of our favorite family memories.

And now the rock heads too!

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this really a post by Travis Crow? I just about fell off my chair!

(just kidding with ya).

This looks like a great place to have a vacation. I vote for going back :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger BJ said...

I just wanted to say hi and let you know you popped into my head today. Hope all is well!

4:27 AM  
Blogger k2 said...

hey travis! seems you have been as busy on your blog as i have been on mine. thanks for commenting on mine, by the way. did you know that jeff walling is the scheduled guest speaker at 'stream franklin 2007'? i know that my wife and i will be there this april. the dates for the event are april 20-22. are you going to be there?

happy new year!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home