Wednesday, August 02, 2006

God's Man

This is taken from Every Day for Every Man by Stephen Arterburn, et al. It is great stuff.

Your next step as God's man is to understand the person of the Holy Spirit and get to know Him intimately. Then you can willingly partner with Him to reach new spiritual heights. Listen to what the Holy Spirit is ready to do in our lives right now:

change our hearts (Ezekiel 36:26)

move us into greater obedience of God's Word (Ezekiel 36:27)

remind us about what God has asked us to do (John 14:26)

guide us into the truth and teach us (John 16:13)

give us power to share our faith (Acts 1:8)

turn us away from evil deeds (Romans 8:13)

remind us that we are God's children (Romans 8:16)

help us in our distress and pray for us (Romans 8:26)

give us spiritual gifts to use for God (I Corinthians 12:11)

lead us to victory over the cravings of our sinful nature (Galatians 5:16)


Father, I want to know You more intimately. Send Your Holy Spirit to speak directly to me. Use me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth P said...

Travis,
I came across your blog by linking from Danny Sims' blog. I actually got to his from another blog that was from another blog before that...what sick people we are to sit and read and read and read all of these "diaries" haha!
I haven't updated mine in a while, but maybe I'll catch up once school gets started. Your kids are cute and growing fast.
Look forward to keeping up with your blog!
Beth (Collins) Plemons

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am in shock! Travis Posted!!!

And even more interesting, my next post is on a Steve Arterburn book too!

Please tell Holly I said hello. I think of you two often. Drop me a line, will ya?

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home